The integrated solution of TextLocal and Optimove makes it easy to plan and execute marketing text message campaigns, based on the advanced customer segmentation available in Optimove.
Optimove connects to the TextLocal system for two purposes:
- To instruct TextLocal to execute text campaigns, i.e., to send out particular text message templates to specified customer lists
- To receive delivery metrics from TextLocal for reporting within Optimove
Note: Optimove supports sending SMS messages via TextLocal, but not MMS messages.
Setting Up the Integration
In order to set up the integration between your Optimove site and your TextLocal account, the following steps are required:
- Ensure that the following customer attributes are available in the TextLocal customer Contact Group:
- CustomerID – This field is used to match customers between Optimove and TextLocal (note that you can also choose to use any alternative unique identifier that appears in both the Optimove and TextLocal databases). The attribute used as the key identifier must be saved in one of the custom fields provided in TextLocal (Custom 1, Custom 2 or Custom 3).
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Maintain a daily update of this database. For example, when new customers join, their information must be promptly updated in TextLocal.
- Define the Sender name for text messages sent by Optimove in the TextLocal interface.
Note: If you would prefer that campaigns sent by Optimove use a different sender name, the Optimove Integration Team can configure a different sender name for the TextLocal campaigns executed by Optimove.
- Provide the Optimove Integration Team with the name and ID of the particular TextLocal Contact Group to which to connect
- Provide the Optimove Integration Team with login credentials to the TextLocal API - notes:
- You should create a new administrator-level TextLocal API account specifically for use by Optimove.
- These credentials may not contain any of these characters: $ & =
- Provide the Integration Team with the following details:
- TextLocal API key
- API login URL (e.g., https://api.txtlocal.com)
Your Optimove CSM will set up the integration for your Optimove site, using the details mentioned above.
Advanced Setup – Working with Multiple Contact Groups
You can connect Optimove to multiple Contact Groups under the same TextLocal account.
In order to distinguish between Contact Groups, Optimove requires that all text templates under the same group be named with a predefined prefix that will be used to associate each template with the relevant group. The prefix normally consists of three letters followed by an underscore (e.g., OPT_). When a prefix is defined, only templates with names that begin with the prefix will be imported into Optimove from each Contact Group.
Provide the following details to Optimove for each additional Contact Group you wish to use:
- Contact Group ID
- Template prefix
Executing TextLocal Campaigns Using Optimove
1. Set Up Your Text Message Campaigns in Optimove
- When scheduling a campaign in Optimove, select the TextLocal execution channel.
- Select the desired template(s) from the list of TextLocal templates shown. Notes:
- The list of text message templates available in the connected TextLocal account (and previews for those templates) are retrieved by Optimove (via API) on a daily basis. If working with multiple Contact Groups, Optimove retrieves all templates from all Contact Groups, using the predefined template prefixes.
- TextLocal supports multilingual campaigns; you can define a campaign within TextLocal containing numerous sub-campaigns translated into various languages. To use such a campaign from within Optimove, simply select the relevant high-level template and TextLocal will actually send the relevant sub-campaigns according to the predefined custom field in TextLocal. Configuration of multilingual campaigns is outside the scope of the Optimove integration; you may seek assistance for this from your TextLocal account manager.
- Select promotion codes for the campaign (optional).
- Set the desired send time for the campaign.
2. Optimove Executes Your Text Message Campaigns
On a daily basis, Optimove performs the following steps (via API) for each campaign scheduled for that day:
- Optimove creates a TextLocal “segment” which contains the list of customer IDs to receive the text message. Notes:
- This customer list is generated by Optimove according to the target group segmentation defined within Optimove.
- Optimove does not necessarily store actual customer phone numbers in its database. Rather, the customer IDs are used by the client to identify each customer.
- Optimove instructs TextLocal to send the text message by providing the following parameters:
- The ID of the previously-created segment
- The ID of the text message template to use (when working with multiple Contact Groups, Optimove will use the prefix of the template selected for the campaign as a reference to the relevant Contact Group)
- The date and time of execution
3. Optimove Retrieves Campaign Metrics
For a period of one week following the sending of each TextLocal text message, Optimove connects daily to the TextLocal API in order to retrieve the delivery rate metrics for the campaign. These metrics are displayed within Optimove’s Campaign Analysis page for each executed campaign.