This document presents how to integrate Optimove with Playtech Campaign Manager for the automatic activation/deactivation of player promotions. The goal of this integration is to allow Optimove to activate/deactivate promotions (activities) for specific lists of players within Campaign Manager, for one or more brands.
Connecting Optimove to the Playtech API
In order to connect Optimove and Campaign Manager via API, Optimove must receive the URL, password and certificate for each brand managed in Campaign Manager.
Who does it: Optimove sets this up in the software, using the credentials provided by the marketer.
Managing Promotions within Optimove
Adding a new promotion (activity) to Optimove can be done in the following three ways:
- Add a manual promotion in the Optimove UI – in the Run Campaign wizard, add a new promotion from the Add Activity dialog, as shown below. The new Activity ID and name must correspond to an existing activity already defined in Campaign Manager.
- Add a promotion to the Optimove database using the Optimove API (AddPromotion function). The prefix of each promotion name will indicate which promotion database to access in Campaign Manager (when working with multiple promotion brands).
- In Campaign Manager, create an empty corresponding Opt-In List (Player Group) for each Activity using the same name (e.g., Optimove_PromotionName). Optimove will be responsible for maintaining this group during campaign execution – players will be added/removed from this group by Optimove via the Playtech API.
Who does it: the marketer, with support from internal IT staff and Optimove integration staff.
Executing Campaigns via Optimove
When setting up a marketing campaign in Optimove, the marketer selects the desired promotion (activity) from a drop-down list in the Optimove UI.
When executing a campaign with a promotion code, Optimove’s service will update the list of eligible players in the corresponding Opt-In list. This is done by a Playtech API function (PlayersOptInOperationRequest).
For recurring campaigns, after the first iteration, Optimove will only update the delta of eligible players in the relevant Opt-In list.
When a campaign’s duration concludes, Optimove removes the players from the Opt-In list in order to make sure that players cannot redeem the promotion beyond the span of the campaign. Campaign Manager is responsible for removing from the list all players who redeemed their bonus.
Playtech-side Integration Components
Playtech is responsible for the following integration components:
- Provide an API function that returns all Optimove-related activities and their associated Opt-In Lists (e.g., GetOptimoveActivities(CasinoID)).
- Provide an API function that allows the addition/removal of players into a specific group (e.g., PlayersOptInOperationRequest).
- Provide an API function that allows the removal of all players from a specific Opt-In List (e.g., RemoveAllPlayersFromOptInList(CasinoID,OptInID)).